Everybody always talks ONLY about how great it is to visit Angkor Wat. And one thing is of course absolutely clear: There are countless reasons to do exactly that.
There are 10 reasons why it is not worthwhile to visit Angkor Wat at all. Angkor Wat has an unbearable architecture, the walls are totally scratched, there are scantily clad ladies at every corner and wild animals doing their mischief. After Siem Reap here now the statement with Angkor Wat without any frills and many words – because a picture says more than many words … ;-)
Please notice: This article is written with irony, a figure of speech.
1. Totally boring sunrise – endless waiting for the sun and when it finally arrives there are no special effects at all.
2. Zero service: Although you pay the entrance fee, you walk around on the huge grounds of Angkor Wat. All this because neither cars nor motorbikes nor even bicycles are allowed.
3. Dangerous wild animals that are free to roam around and do their mischief with us poor tourists.
4. Totally unbearable architecture with all those scratched walls and then these figures just standing around.
5. Scantily clad ladies at every step
6. You can’t rest in a shadow anywhere, while the heat is brooding.
7. Wherever you look there are stones lying around – it’s about time somebody is going to clean up.
8. Always and everywhere masses of tourists, who constantly run into the picture.
9. There’s nothing to eat or drink at all.
10. And then there’s all these guys hanging around with their orange clothes.
Well, I assume that I was able to convince you that the visit of Angkor Wat is not worth it at all, right?
You are not convinced yet? No problem! Just have a look at these pages. Maybe you will find some reasons to visit Angkor Wat and the other temples of Angkor ;-)
Find your hotel in CambodiaMaybe you don’t have a hotel for your Cambodia trip yet, then you can browse and book directly here at booking.com* agoda. com* there are also great deals.
Links with a * are affiliate links. If you like my blog and you buy, book or subscribe to something via an affiliate link, I get a small commission from the provider. Of course there are no additional costs for you.
Subscribe to Visit Angkor
Like what you read? Why not subscribe to my blog. Just enter your e-mail address and you’ll have all new posts sent directly to your mailbox.
Just enter your email address and choose the topics that interest you. As soon as you have clicked the activation link in the automatic confirmation message, your subscription is active.
Join our Facebook group
International travel group with friendly people who love Cambodia. We speak English, German and a little Khmer.