Like most of countries in the world, Cambodian people also believe in things which doesn’t relate to each other and it’s what we call a Superstition. Cambodia is one of the most superstitious nation in Asia, we believe in many superstition, but here are some of them which are known throughout the country.
- If you dream about snake, your ideal person is coming soon.
- If you and your friend smell the same flower one after another, both of you will share your future husband in some way.
- If you sing while you are cooking, you will marry a widow or widower.
- Cambodian men and women usually count the sound of the gecko crying in order to check out about their future husband or wife. If you are a girl, you will start counting it by saying “Bachelor” at the first sound of the gecko and say “ Widower “ at the second sound. If you end up with bachelor, your future husband will have been a bachelor man before he marry you, and if you end up with widower, your will marry a widower.
- Some Cambodian people would not eat Trey Dom Rey ( one kind of fish), because they believe that Fish was a pity mother who died and born again as a fish in order to look after her daughter who was oppressed by the step-mother. (but some of us eat the fish).
Find your hotel in CambodiaMaybe you don’t have a hotel for your Cambodia trip yet, then you can browse and book directly here at booking.comagoda. com* there are also great deals.
Links with a * are affiliate links. If you like my blog and you buy, book or subscribe to something via an affiliate link, I get a small commission from the provider. Of course there are no additional costs for you.
Subscribe to Visit Angkor
Like what you read? Why not subscribe to my blog. Just enter your e-mail address and you’ll have all new posts sent directly to your mailbox.
Just enter your email address and choose the topics that interest you. As soon as you have clicked the activation link in the automatic confirmation message, your subscription is active.
Join our Facebook group
International travel group with friendly people who love Cambodia. We speak English, German and a little Khmer.