- Polulation in Cambodia in October 2012: 14.953.000.
- 2.466.3045 Internet Users.
- 690.520 are users on Social Networks.
- There are 19.642.563 mobile subscribers in Cambodia – on average, everyone in Cambodia has 1,3 mobile subscriptions.
- Cambodia was the first country in the world with more mobile phones than fixed-line phones.
- 70% of smartphones sold in Cambodia Q1 2012 had advanced camera features. That`s double the south east asian average.
- Price of a basic Nokia Handset in Cambodia: US$ 18.
- It´s not uncommon for people in Cambodia to own 3 mobile phones.
- 64% of Cambodia´s population is under the age of 30.
- 43% of Cambodia´s population is below the age of 15.
- 80% of Cambodia+s population lives in rural areas.
- New internet users in Cambodia in 2012: 2.136.625 – growth in internet users: 548%.
- Number of Internet Cafés in Cambodia: 304 – growth in 12: 33%
- Number fo Social Media Users in Cambodia: 690.520.
- Growth in Facebook users in Cambodia in the past 6 months: 41%.
- On average – about 1.100 people in Cambodia join Facebook every day.That´s a new Facebook user every 2 minutes.
- The most popular Cambodian Facebook page is Little Fashion.
You can also read the slides on slideshare
Find your hotel in Cambodia
Maybe you don’t have a hotel for your Cambodia trip yet, then you can browse and book directly here at booking. com*:
Or you can check out agoda. com* there are also great deals.
Links with a * are affiliate links. If you like my blog and you buy, book or subscribe to something via an affiliate link, I get a small commission from the provider. Of course there are no additional costs for you.
Did you enjoy reading the post? Why not follow Visit Angkor on Facebook, where you’ll find more articles about Cambodia? I’d also be happy to hear your reviews and comments– the asterisks are directly under this text. Thank you so much :-)