New Year Angel of the Horse Year 2558 BE
Koraka Tevy arrived at 8:07 am in the morning of 14 April – Cambodian time. She is the second daugher of Kabil Moha Prum. People in Cambodia have prepaired and decorated their houses also with special gifts to welcome the new year angel.
What are the offering to welcome the new year angel?
The offerings in command are simple:
- 5 incense sticks, 5 candle (ទៀន៥ធូប៥)
- A pair of decorated young banana tree (ស្លាធម៍កូនចេក១គូ)
- 3 kinds of fruits, each kind prepared into 2 trays
- Small jasmine flower braids to put on every offering
- And the special offering for Koraka Tevy is her favorite food, cooking oil (តេលំ)
Beside those required offerings, you can prepare as many other offerings as you like such as: candy, cokes, biscuits, milk, etc. (Source)
Khmer New Year around the world
Khmer people celebrate their Khmer New Year around the world. Like this lovingly decorated table in Germany.
May this Year of the horse will be full with happiness, health, success, love and prosperity for all.
Wish all a very Happy Khmer New Year 2014! Enjoy the Khmer New Year celebrations!
Sus’Dei Chnam Thmei – Happy New Year
The Khmer New Year celebration lasts for three days. Find out more about the celebration in our article Khmer New Year: One of the the most important Festival in Cambodia
- Khmer New Year 2013: Welcome to Angel Tungsa Tevy – this article here
- Khmer New Year 2014: Welcome to Angel Koraka Tevy – this article here
- Khmer New Year 2015: Welcome to Angel Reaksa Tevy
- Khmer New Year 2016: Welcome to Angel Mondar Tevy
- Khmer New Year 2017: Welcome to Angel Kemira Tevy
Read more about “Sus’Dei Chnam Thmei” – the 3-day festival to celebrate the New Year in Cambodia and the legends about Khmer New Year.
Find your hotel in CambodiaMaybe you don’t have a hotel for your Cambodia trip yet, then you can browse and book directly here at booking.com* agoda. com* there are also great deals.
Links with a * are affiliate links. If you like my blog and you buy, book or subscribe to something via an affiliate link, I get a small commission from the provider. Of course there are no additional costs for you.
Join our Facebook group
International travel group with friendly people who love Cambodia. We speak English, German and a little Khmer.